- Dr. Gord Schacter - Sub-region Clinical Lead
- Sue McCutheon - Sub-region Director, South West LHIN
- Heather Lumley - Director, Home & Community Care, South West LHIN
- Rebecca McKee - Health System Planner, South West LHIN
- Alexa Attard - Interim Executive Assistant, South West LHIN
Newsletter Update - September 2018
London Middlesex Primary Care Newsletter from Co-chairs Dr.Gordon Schacter & Laura Neumann
Next Meeting: November 21, 2018
6-8pm (with dinner provided)
Windermere Manor, 200 Collip Circle
London, ON, N6G 4X8
This is a South West Regional Cancer Program, Cancer Care Ontario and SWPCA event and DINNER is provided while we discuss upcoming changes to Colon Cancer Screening. NEW COLORECTAL SCREENING TESTS ARE COMING!!!
- Introduce the new test for colorectal cancer screening (Fecal Immunochemical Test - FIT)
- Examine evidence to support FIT (instead of colonoscopy) for screening in persons at average risk for colorectal cancer
- Discuss the expected outcomes of a positive FIT colonoscopy
- Describe changes to the ColonCancerCheck program
- Discuss primary care providers’ role in FIT implementation in Ontario
**PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CALENDAR ENTRY MIGHT NOT BE CORRECT SO CHECK THE DATE WHEN YOU SAVE IT NOV 21 IS THE CORRECT DATE FOR THE LONDON MIDDLESEX EVENT**
Transition to Fit Dinner Events
We're rolling out a new screening test! A new colorectal cancer screening test is coming! In early 2019, the FOBT will be replaced with the new Fecal Immunochemical Test (FIT). Why the change? How effective is FIT? How do you order the test for your patients? What changes will be experienced as a result of the implementation of the new test? We have ALL the answers you need
REGISTER TODAY and join us at one of the five dinner events this Fall in partnership with your local Primary Care Alliance.
- October 17 - Owen Sound (Stone Tree Golf and Fitness)
- October 24 - Blyth (Cowbell Brewing Co.)
- November 7 - Woodstock (Quality Hotel and Suites)
- November 21 - London (WIndermere Manor)
- November 22 - St.Thomas (St. Thomas Public Arts Centre)
MyChartTM Patient Portal Coming Soon!
MyChart is a patient portal which will be be implemented in the South West LHIN for select patients of the London Regional Cancer Program and St. Joseph’s Breast Care program.
Patients of these facilities will have real-time, online access to a variety of health information, including:
• Care plans
• Genetic reports
• Discharge summaries
How Will MyChart Impact My Practice? As referenced above, many different reports will be accessible to your patients. Lab results, microbiology results, pathology and genetic reports will be available to you in ClinicalConnectTM prior to being made available in MyChart to allow for a clinical review period and appropriate follow-up time. Although primary care information will not be available in MyChart at this time, it is anticipated that this information will be included at a future phase.
Patients will be encouraged to direct specific questions to the physician at the facility where they received treatment, however, your patients may also wish to give you delegate access to their MyChart account and include you in their health care journey. Your acceptance of this access, as well as the use of the secure messaging function is voluntary, and requires mutual agreement between yourself and your patient. Patients are encouraged to use the secure messaging feature for general questions only, and not to communicate medical emergencies.
For more information about MyChart, sign up for the MyChart newsletter here or email MyChart@hitsehealth.ca.
Pain Management Program Educational Workshop - Register Now!
Friday, November 2, 2018 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
St. Joseph’s Hospital, Shuttleworth Auditorium, 268 Grosvenor St., London, ON
Zone D, Level 0, Room D0-104
Please join us for an up-to-date review on: Chronic Lower Back Pain
Review will include:
- Occupational therapy, physiotherapy, and psychology management
- Back pain pharmacotherapy
- Non-surgical interventions
- How to safe guard your practice including opioids and cannabinoids
Lunch and refreshments will be provided. For more information: Register here
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the Continuing Professional Development, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University for up to 4.5 Mainpro+ credits. Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent participating in the educational program.